Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd.
Notice of General Meeting and Proposed Return of Capital to Shareholders of 3.4 pence per Ordinary Share and Reduction of Capital
5 September 2016
Following today's announcement of the Group's interim results, the Board of Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd. (AIM:RQIH) ("Company"), the specialist non-life insurance investor, service provider and underwriting manager, is pleased to confirm that a notice of general meeting incorporating a circular which sets out details in relation to a proposed return of capital to the Company's shareholders ("Return of Capital") and convening a general meeting of the Company to be held at 3:00 p.m. on 6 October 2016 at 71 Minster Court, Ground Floor, London, EC3M 4BS ("General Meeting"), has been posted to the Company's shareholders today ("Circular").
The Return of Capital involves the creation and capitalisation of W Shares from monies standing to the credit of the Company's share premium account and the Reduction of Capital.
To effect the Return of Capital:
· Shareholders will be issued one W Share for each Ordinary Share held by them at 5.00 p.m. on 6 October 2016.
· On or around 13 October 2016, the W Shares will be cancelled pursuant to the Reduction of Capital and holders of the W Shares will be paid the capital paid up on the W Shares (being 3.4 pence per W Share).
· Payments in respect of the Return of Capital are expected to be made on or around 3 November 2016.
The Return of Capital (including the creation and capitalization of the W Shares and the Reduction of Capital) is subject to the approval of the Shareholders at the General Meeting.
A copy of the Circular containing more information in relation to the Return of Capital and Reduction of Capital is available on the Company's website at www.rqih.com.
Terms defined in the Circular have the same meaning when used in this announcement.
Notes to Editors:
Randall & Quilter pursues a buy and build strategy and has created a comprehensive range of investment activities and services in the global non-life insurance market.
R&Q is focused on the following three core areas:
· Insurance Investments
· Insurance Services
· Underwriting Management
· provides a range of services to both the live and legacy (re)insurance markets to support growing businesses and address complex and challenging run-off issues;
· employs close to 400 insurance professionals based in the UK, US, Bermuda, and Europe with wide service capability in both the 'live' and 'run-off' markets;
· owns and manages a portfolio of insurance companies, both active and in run-off, in the UK, US and Europe with net assets of £123.7m as at 31 December 2016;
· owns an admitted P&C Insurer, A- rated by AM Best, with licenses throughout the US; owns a Bermuda Class 3A insurance company which currently supports the Group's syndicate participations;
· launched Syndicate 1991, which commenced underwriting from January 1, 2013 and has an agreed capacity of £130m for 2016, manages one RITC ('run-off') syndicate, 3330, and owns and operates an MGA platform;
· acquires and manages a portfolio of insurance receivables, with a carrying cost of £6.0m as at 31 December 2016, of which R&Q holds a 50% interest
The Group was founded by Ken Randall and Alan Quilter in 1991.
This information is provided by RNS