Election of the Chairman of the Board and other organizational matters
Moscow, Russian Federation (06 September 2016) - Public Joint Stock Company "MegaFon" (LSE: MFON), a leading Russian telecommunications operator, ("MegaFon" or "the Company") announces that the Company's Board of Directors, at a meeting held by absentee voting on 05 September 2016, took the following actions:
1. To elect Mr. Vladimir Streshinsky as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
2. To re-constitute the following committees of the Company's Board of Directors:
· Audit Committee;
· Finance and Strategy Committee;
· Remuneration and Nominations Committee
3. To elect Mr. Jan Erik Rudberg as Chairman and Mrs. Ingrid Maria Stenmark and Mr. Nikolay Krylov as members of the Audit Committee.
4. To elect Mr. Vladimir Streshinsky as Chairman and Mr. Ivan Tavrin and Mr. Carl Peter Christian Luiga as members of the Finance and Strategy Committee.
5. To elect Lord Paul Myners as Chairman and Messrs. Streshinsky and Krylov as members of the Remuneration and Nominations Committee
6. To confirm that Mr. Jan Erik Rudberg, Lord Paul Myners and Mr. Nikolay Krylov are independent members of the Board of Directors.
- end -
For More Information:
Media: Peter Lidov Tel: + 7 926 200 6699 [email protected]
Investors: Dmitry Kononov Tel: + 7 926 200 6490 [email protected]
Notes to Editors
MegaFon PJSC is a leading Russian integrated telecommunication service provider, operating in all segments of the telecommunications markets in Russia, and in the Republics of Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Tajikistan. MegaFon is a recognized market leader in the provision of mobile data services, was the first operator in Russia to launch commercial operation of a third generation (3G) network and was the first operator in the world to launch commercial operation of an LTE-Advanced (4G) data network. MegaFon is traded on the Moscow Exchange and the London Stock Exchange under the symbol MFON. Additional information about MegaFon and the products and services provided by MegaFon can be found at: http://www.megafon.ru
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Some of the information in this document may contain or refer to projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the Company. You can identify forward looking statements by terms such as "expect", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate", "forecast", "intend", "will", "could", "may", or "might" the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. The Company wishes to caution you that these statements are only predictions, and are based upon various assumptions which are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control. We may not achieve or accomplish these plans or predictions. The Company does not necessarily intend to update these statements to reflect events and circumstances occurring after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Many factors could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in projections or forward-looking statements of the Company, including, among others, general economic conditions, the competitive environment, risks associated with operating in Russia, rapid technological and market change in the industries in which the Company operates, as well as many other risks specifically related to the Company and its business and operations.
Statement Regarding Inside Information
Some of the information in this document may be inside information. The subject matter, the identity of the issuer, the identity of the persons making the notification and their titles, and the date and time of the notification are all as set forth above.
This information is provided by RNS