Issued: 12 September 2016
Marks and Spencer Group plc announces
the departure of Laura Wade-Gery
M&S today announces that it has agreed with Laura Wade-Gery that, following her maternity leave, Laura will not be returning to her position as Executive Director, Multi-Channel, and will be leaving the company at the end of September. Laura will step down from the Board with immediate effect. There are no further changes to the previously announced responsibilities covering her maternity.
Commenting on the announcement, Robert Swannell, Chairman of Marks and Spencer Group plc, said: "On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Laura very much for the significant contribution she has made in her five years at M&S. Laura has been a valued member of the Board and instrumental in the improvement and modernisation of our ecommerce and multi-channel capabilities. We wish her all the very best for the future."
Steve Rowe, Chief Executive, said: "Laura has been a great colleague and has achieved much in her role heading our multi-channel business. I am grateful to Laura for her contribution and she leaves M&S with my personal thanks and best wishes."
Laura Wade-Gery said: "I have had five very happy years at M&S. I've been away from the business for a year now, and that time has seen some significant changes in both my personal life and in the business. I concluded that the time was right to move on from M&S. I wish Steve and all my colleagues and friends every success".
The following information is provided in accordance with section 430(2B) of the Companies Act 2006:
· Laura Wade-Gery's remuneration terms will be in line with the key provisions for contract termination as per Marks and Spencer Group plc's Executive Remuneration Policy approved by shareholders in 2014.
· Laura will receive monthly payments of up to a maximum of eight months' salary and benefits, subject to mitigation.
· Any unvested nil-cost options awarded to Laura Wade-Gery under the Deferred Share Bonus Plan will vest in full on termination and may then be exercised in accordance with the Plan rules.
· Any unvested nil-cost options awarded under the Performance Share Plan will be time pro-rated and will vest, subject to performance conditions on a wait and see basis at the normal vesting date and may then be exercised in accordance with the Plan rules.
· Laura Wade-Gery will not be eligible to participate in the Annual Bonus or Performance Share Plan awards for 2016/17.
· Further details of the operation of the Deferred Share Award and Performance Share Plan are set out in the Directors' Remuneration Report in our Annual Report and Financial Statements 2016. Full disclosure of these remuneration arrangements will be provided in our Directors' Remuneration Report in 2017.
- Ends -
For further information, please contact:
Corporate Press Office: +44 (0)20 8718 1919
Out of hours calls: +44 (0)20 8718 2000
Fraser Ramzan +44 (0)20 8718 4625
Helen Cox +44 (0)20 8718 8491
This information is provided by RNS