Statement of convocation of EGM
Moscow, Russian Federation (21 September 2016) - Public Joint Stock Company "MegaFon" (LSE: MFON), a leading Russian telecommunications operator, ("MegaFon" or the "Company") announces that the Company's Board of Directors approved the calling of an Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders ("EGM") to elect a new Board of Directors.
1. The Board of Directors of MegaFon approves the calling of the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders in the form of a face-to-face meeting to be held at the Company's main office at 30 Kadashevskaya Embankment, Moscow, 115035, Russian Federation on 25 November 2016 at 12.00 (Moscow time) with the following agenda for the EGM:
(1) Early termination of powers of the Board of Directors of the Company elected at the Extraordinary General Shareholders Meeting of the Company on 19 August 2016; and
(2) Election of the Board of Directors of the Company.
03 October 2016 was approved as the record date for the purpose of compiling the list of persons entitled to participate in the EGM on the basis of information from the Company's register.
2. Pursuant to the existing legislation of the Russian Federation, the Company's Charter and internal regulations, the Company's shareholders who own more than 2% (two per cent) of the voting shares of the Company, shall be entitled to nominate candidates for election to the Board of Directors of MegaFon and submit the information about each candidate and his / her consent as to election to the Company's Board of Directors. Nomination proposals shall be delivered to the Company no later than 25 October 2016.
3. The formal EGM notice together with the EGM materials and voting ballots shall be sent by the Company on or prior to 03 November 2016.
- end -
For More Information:
Investors: Dmitry Kononov Tel: + 7 926 200 6490 [email protected]
Media: Peter Lidov Tel: + 7 926 200 6699 [email protected]
Notes to Editors
MegaFon PJSC is a leading Russian integrated telecommunication service provider, operating in all segments of the telecommunications markets in Russia, and in the Republics of Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Tajikistan. MegaFon is a recognized market leader in the provision of mobile data services, was the first operator in Russia to launch commercial operation of a third generation (3G) network and was the first operator in the world to launch commercial operation of an LTE Advanced (4G) data network. MegaFon is traded on the Moscow Exchange and the London Stock Exchange under the symbol MFON. Additional information about MegaFon and the products and services provided by MegaFon can be found at http://www.megafon.ru
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Some of the information in this document may contain or refer to projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the Company. You can identify forward looking statements by terms such as "expect", "believe", "anticipate", "estimate", "forecast", "intend", "will", "could", "may", or "might" the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. The Company wishes to caution you that these statements are only predictions, and are based upon various assumptions which are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control. We may not achieve or accomplish these plans or predictions. The Company does not necessarily intend to update these statements to reflect events and circumstances occurring after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Many factors could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in projections or forward-looking statements of the Company, including, among others, general economic conditions, the competitive environment, risks associated with operating in Russia, rapid technological and market change in the industries in which the Company operates, as well as many other risks specifically related to the Company and its business and operations.
Statement Regarding Inside Information
Some of the information in this document may be inside information. The subject matter, the identity of the issuer, the identity of the persons making the notification and their titles, and the date and time of the notification are all as set forth above.
This information is provided by RNS