BEXIMCO PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.
19 October, 2016
Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited ("Beximco Pharma", "BPL" or "the Company"; AIM Symbol: BXP), today announces that the 40th Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders of Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited will be held on Saturday, the 19 November, 2016. The meeting will take place at 10.30 a.m. at Beximco Industrial Park, Sarabo, Kashimpur, Gazipur to transact the following business:
1. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Financial Statements of the Company for the period of 18 months ended on June 30, 2016 together with reports of the Auditors and the Directors thereon;
2. To declare/approve 5% final Cash Dividend, 5% Stock Dividend and 10% Cash Dividend (already paid as interim dividend) for the period of 18 months ended on June 30, 2016;
3. To elect Directors;
4. To approve the audit fee for the period of six months-January 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016; to appoint Auditors for the year 2016-2017 and to fix their remuneration;
5. To adopt changes in Accounting year of the Company from January-December to July-June pursuant to the provision of the Finance Act 2015;
6. To transact any other business of the Company with the permission of the Chair.
By order of the Board,
MOHAMMAD ASAD ULLAH, FCS
Executive Director & Company Secretary
1. The Record Date of the Company for entitlement of 5% Final Cash dividend shall be November 1, 2016. The Shareholders whose names will appear in the Share Register of the Company or in the Depository Register on the record date i.e. November 1, 2016 will be entitled to receive the 5% final cash dividend.
2. 5% Stock Dividend will be entitled by the Shareholders whose names appeared in the Share Register of the Company or in the Depository Register on the earlier declared record date i.e. May 12, 2016.
3. A Member entitled to attend and vote at the General Meeting may appoint a Proxy to attend and vote in his/her stead. The Proxy Form, duly stamped, must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company, not later than 48 hours before the time fixed for the meeting.
4. Admission to the meeting room will be strictly on production of the attendance slip sent with the Notice as well as verification of signature of Member(s) and/or Proxy-holder(s).
5. Members are requested to update particulars of their Bank Account, change of address (if any) and 12 digit Taxpayer's Identification Number (E-TIN) through their respective Depository Participant.
6. No gift or benefit in cash or kind shall be paid to the holders of equity securities in terms of Clause (c) of the Notification No.SEC/SRMI/2000-953/1950 dated 24 October 2000 for attending the AGM of the Company.
For further information please visit www.beximco-pharma.com or enquire to:
Nazmul Hassan MP, Managing Director
Tel: +880 2 58611001, Ext.20080
Md. Asad Ullah, FCS, Executive Director & Company Secretary
Tel; +880 2 58611891, +880 2 58612040, Ext 10140
SPARK Advisory Partners Limited (Nominated Adviser)
Mark Brady / Sean Wyndham-Quin
Tel: +44 (0)20 3368 3551 / 3555
Simon Conway / Victoria Foster Mitchell
Tel: +44 (0)20 3727 1000
Notes to Editors
About Beximco Pharmaceuticals Limited
Founded in 1976 and based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Beximco Pharma manufactures and sells generic pharmaceutical formulation products and active pharmaceutical ingredients. The Company also undertakes contract manufacturing for multinational and leading global generic pharmaceutical companies. The Company operates from a 23 acre site in Dhaka and has manufacturing facilities for producing various drugs in different delivery systems such as tablets, capsules, liquids, semi-solids, intravenous fluids, metered dose inhalers, dry powder inhalers, sterile ophthalmic drops, prefilled syringes, injectables, nebulizer solutions, oral soluble films, etc. Ensuring access to quality medicines is the powerful aspiration that motivates over 3,500 employees of the Company.
Beximco Pharma's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities are certified by global regulatory authorities of the US, Australia, Europe, Latin America and Canada, among others. The Company's products are sold to retail outlets, medical institutions and other pharmaceutical manufacturers in Bangladesh, in regional markets such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar and in other markets overseas, principally in Africa, including South Africa, Mauritius, Kenya, Ghana, Ethiopia and Nigeria; Pacific Island; Latin and Central American countries; Middle East; Central Asia; South East Asia, including Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Hong Kong; Europe, including Germany, Austria and Romania; Australia.
This information is provided by RNS