Vast Resources announces positive progress at its Manaila Polymetallic Mine (MPM) in Romania based on the test work carried out by SGS (UK) in H1 2016 and managed on Vast's behalf by independent processing specialists Minxcon (Pty) Ltd.
- Minxcon on site optimising float lines replicating SGS test work targeting the production of saleable copper and zinc concentrates.
- Preliminary test work from SGS as follows: a theoretical grade recovery curve for copper indicates a 92% recovery at a resultant 20% copper grade is possible; a theoretical grade recovery curve for zinc indicates an 85% recovery at a resultant 50% zinc grade is possible.
- Plant optimisation for the copper concentrate has resulted in copper grades increasing to around 19% and suppressing zinc grades to around 4%, thereby producing a quality copper concentrate.
- Commissioning has now commenced on a second float line to separate the zinc in order to produce a saleable zinc concentrate with first sales in September.
- The Iacobeni plant mass pull has increased from approximately 1.5% in July to around 2.5% in August.
- Outsourced mining and transport contract awarded to independent contractor.