2 September 2016
Good Energy Group PLC
("Good Energy" or the "Company")
Good Energy Group PLC, which supplies and generates 100% renewable electricity and carbon neutral gas to UK homes and businesses, is pleased to announce the appointment of Emma Tinker as a Non-Executive Director, and David Brooks as an Executive Director to the Board with immediate effect.
Emma is a private equity investment director who brings a wealth of investment experience. She is a director of numerous renewable energy companies and has substantial commercial experience spanning the entire lifecycle of investments in energy businesses. She established the renewable energy business at HG Capital in 2002 and remains a leading member of their team. She has been a director for renewable developers and independent power producers, working across a range of renewable technologies.
David joined the Company in September 2015 and is Managing Director of Good Energy's supply business. He was previously at AXA, as Managing Director for the self investor business and Distribution Director for AXA Sunlife. He has extensive experience of transforming business performance through his leadership of both commercial strategy and his development of people and organisations.
John Maltby, Chairman of Good Energy Group plc, said:
"We are delighted to welcome Emma and David to the Board of Good Energy. As we embark on the next phase of our strategy, we're working on some exciting ideas to take our values to a much wider audience, targeting five-fold growth in customers by 2020, helping more people benefit from 100% renewable electricity and green gas across the UK.
"Emma and David both bring a wealth of experience and deep sector knowledge which complement the existing Board and will play a critical role delivering our strategic growth plans.
"Since Good Energy opened its doors 17 years ago, we've led by example and demonstrated that a sustainable, ethical and socially responsible energy business can be commercially successful because of our values - not despite them."
In accordance with Schedule 2(g) of the AIM Rules, the following information in relation to the appointment of Emma Tinker and David Brooks is disclosed:
Emma Tinker, aged 41, holds or has held directorships/partnerships in the five years preceding her appointment at the Company as follows:
Gardeners' Royal Benevolent Society
Asper Investment Management Limited
Scout Moor Group Limited
Scout Moor Acquisitions Ltd
Scout Moor Holdings (No. 1) Limited
Scout Moor Holdings (No. 2) Limited
Scout Moor Wind Farm Limited
Scout Moor Wind Farm (No.2) Limited
Previous Name: Emma Natalie Wells
David Brooks aged 47, holds or has held directorships/partnerships in the five years preceding his appointment at the Company as follows:
Homegrown Energy Ltd
Good Energy Gas Limited
Good Energy Delabole Windfarm Limited
Good Energy Generation Limited
Good Energy Hampole Windfarm Limited
Good Energy Cross Road Plantation Solar Park (028) Limited
Good Energy Carloggas Solar Park (009) Limited
Good Energy Lanyon Solar Park (011) Limited
Good Energy Brynwhilach Solar Park Limited
Good Energy Brynwhilach Solar Park Limited
Good Energy Lower End Farm Solar Park (026) Limited
Good Energy Creathorne Farm Solar Park (003) Limited
Good Energy Tidal Limited
Good Energy Holding Company No. 1 Limited
Good Energy Oaklands Plantation Solar Park (031) Limited
Good Energy Generation Assets No. 1 Limited
Good Energy Mapperton Solar Park (007) Limited
Good Energy Woolbridge Solar Park (010) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.3) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.4) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.6) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.7) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.8) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.9) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.12) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.1) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.15) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.16) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.5) Limited
Worminster Down Somerset Community Solar Farm C.I.C.
Good Energy Development (No.20) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.21) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.22) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 23) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 24) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 25) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 26) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 27) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.10) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 28) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 29) Limited
Good Energy Development (No. 30) Limited
Good Energy Development (No.14) Limited
Llangyfelach Community Solar Farm C.I.C.
Good Energy Development (No.17) Limited
Good Energy Limited
Good Energy Cedar Windfarm Limited
Good Energy Development (No.2) Limited
There is no further information which is required to be disclosed in respect of Emma Tinker or David Brooks pursuant to Schedule 2 (g) of the AIM Rules.
For further information, please contact:
Arden Partners plc (Nomad)
0121 423 8900
Camarco (Financial PR Adviser)
020 3757 4980
Good Energy Press Office
01249 478 358
Notes to editors
- Good Energy is a fast growing 100% renewable electricity supply and generation company, offering award-winning customer service.
- An AIM-listed PLC, and founder member of the Social Stock Exchange, its mission is to support change in the energy market, address climate change and boost energy security.
- The company has consistently performed well in the annual Which? energy company customer satisfaction survey, winning first or second place in each of the last four years.
- It now has more than 72,250 renewable electricity customers and 43,000 carbon neutral gas customers. It also provides Feed-in Tariff administration services to more than 124,500 sites. (All figures as at 30 June 2016)
- Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK's first commercial wind farm and owns and operates Hampole Wind Farm, near Doncaster. The company also owns and operates seven solar farms.
- Good Energy received a net promotor score of 46 from electricity and gas customers and 50 from FiT customers. This compares to the average Big Six rating of -29. A net promoter score is an index ranging from -100 to 100 that measures the willingness of customers to recommend a company's products or services to others. It is used as a proxy for gauging the customers overall satisfaction with a company's product or service and the customer's loyalty to the brand.
- Good Energy has won a number of awards including Renewable Energy Association Company of the Year Award 2016, Business Green Company of the Year 2015, and, was named Social Impact Company of the Year at the 2014 and 2015 Small Cap awards.
This information is provided by RNS