|7 September 2016|
Altran Becomes Strategic Development Partner and Investor in Divergent
· Divergent has created a software-hardware platform enabled by 3D printing (the Divergent Manufacturing Platform(TM)) that radically transforms the economics and environmental impact of designing and manufacturing complex structures such as cars.
· Divergent is dedicated to revolutionizing car manufacturing and reducing its environmental impact through implementing and licensing its industry foundational IP and patents-pending technology.
· Altran has made a minority equity investment in Divergent.
· Altran and Divergent will jointly go-to-market in the United States, in Europe and in China, to deploy new technologies revolutionizing the car manufacturing industry.
· As the Global Development Partner for Divergent, Altran will provide engineering services augmenting Divergent's core capabilities.
PARIS, FRANCE - September 7, 2016 - Altran announced today that it has made a financial investment in (and entered into an agreement with) Los Angeles-based Divergent Technologies.
Last year, Divergent unveiled its disruptive new approach to auto manufacturing by showcasing its technology demonstrator, the "Blade" 3D-printed supercar, as the centerpiece of the 2015 Solid Conference. The Blade was hailed by Car and Driver as "basically a 3D-printed car generations ahead of any previous efforts." The car was built using the company's proprietary Divergent Manufacturing Platform(TM). This platform enables Divergent to design and manufacture super-efficient cars at a fraction of the capital and operating costs of traditional manufacturing technologies.
Divergent is focused on radically transforming the economics and adverse environmental impact of designing and manufacturing complex structures. Its innovative production process reduces the environmental damage caused by cars, radically lowers capital costs for design and manufacturing, and dramatically accelerates innovation.
Divergent's strategic focus is implementing and licensing its proprietary technology to auto manufacturers globally by:
- Working with OEMs to implement and license its Divergent Manufacturing Platform(TM); and,
- Facilitating the creation of right-sized, radically lower-cost production facilities that will enable small teams to design, build and scale a wide range of customized vehicle structures near local markets.
Commenting on this partnership, Dominique Cerutti, Chairman & CEO of the Altran Group, stated: "I am very happy to announce this partnership with Divergent, which is the ideal partner for Altran to be at the forefront of technological innovation. This alliance is fully aligned with our 'Complete Vehicle' strategy, completing the Group's know-how in prototyping, special engineering and development, as presented in our Altran 2020. Ignition strategic plan. By teaming up with Divergent, we take a step to further develop our presence in the United States, especially on the West Coast, which is a priority market for Altran."
Kevin Czinger, Founder and CEO of Divergent added: "Altran is a powerful strategic partner for us, enabling Divergent to accelerate the introduction of its technology into the global auto and aerospace markets."
As a global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), Altran offers its clients a new way to innovate by developing the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works alongside its clients on every link in the value chain of their project, from conception to industrialization. For over thirty years, the Group has provided its expertise to key players in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Energy, Finance, Life Sciences, Railway, and Telecoms sectors, among others. In 2015, the Altran group generated revenues of 1.945bn. With a headcount of more than 27,000 employees, Altran is present in more than 20 countries.
Read all our news on the Altran press hub
Divergent is dedicated to revolutionizing car manufacturing and reducing its environmental impacts on the planet. Led by Founder & CEO Kevin Czinger, Divergent has created the Divergent Manufacturing Platform(TM), which radically transforms the economics and environmental impact of designing and manufacturing complex structures such as cars. Divergent aims to put these new tools of production and innovation into the hands of teams all around the world, resulting in a sustainable path forward for the car industry and beyond. For more information, visit www.divergent3d.com.
Executive Vice-President and CFO
Tel: + 33 (0)1 46 41 71 89
Group Vice-President Communications
Tel: + 33 (0)1 46 41 71 73
Candice Baudet Depierre, directeur conseil
Tel : +33 (0)1 44 50 51 71
Anne Vernois, directeur associé
Tel : + 33 (0)1 44 50 51 75
Donna Loughlin Michaels
Tel : 408.393.5575
Follow-us on Twitter:
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: ALTRAN TECHNOLOGIES via Globenewswire