Metal Tiger has provided an update on the diamond drilling programme at the company's Joint Venture (project with partners MOD Resources (ASX:MOD) in the Kalahari Copper Belt in Botswana (70% MOD Resources / 30% Metal Tiger).
Technical highlights in respect of progress on the Target 3 (T3) Prospect, Phase 1 Resource Diamond Drilling Programme (the Resource Programme) are provided below.
- Two batches of assay results received for seven diamond drill (DD) holes in the T3 Phase 1 Resource Programme area. Results are in line with expectations, showing significant copper and silver intersections for five DD holes (MO-G-33D to MO-G-37D), mainly in the north of the resource area, are summarised below. All assay data has been forwarded on to the South Africa based independent consultant who is conducting the Mineral Resource Estimate for T3.
- Two holes, (MO-G-38D & MO-G-39D), located near the south-west boundary of the Resource drilling area, targeting the shallow up-dip portion of the deposit, failed to intersect significant mineralisation. MO-G-39D the most south westerly DD hole only intersected oxidised sediments, whilst MO-G-38D intersected part oxidised sediments.
- The last three holes drilled in the completed 51-hole Phase 1 Resource Drilling Programme were sited 100m north of the previous north-eastern border of the drilling area, with the intention of further testing the down-dip resource potential at depth. Copper sulphide mineralisation was intersected in all three holes (MO-G-49D, MO-G-50D and MO-G-51D) with assay results for the last 13 resource holes currently awaited.
- Hole MO-G-33D: 9.3m @ 1.1% Cu & 6g/t Ag from 163.7m; 16.5m @ 1.3% Cu & 22g/t Ag from 177.0m
- Hole MO-G-34D: 22.0m @ 1.0% Cu & 12g/t Ag from 170.0m
- Hole MO-G-35D: 13.4m @ 1.4% Cu & 19g/t Ag from 174.0m; 3.0m@ 2.5% Cu & 48g/t Ag from 193.0m
- Hole MO-G-36D: 10.8m @ 1.0% Cu & 12g/t Ag from 187.0m; 11.0m@ 1.2% Cu & 23g/t Ag from 223.0m
- Hole MO-G-37D: 5.0m @ 1.4% Cu & 11g/t Ag from 109.0m.
At 9:32am: (LON:MTR) Metal Tiger Plc Ord 0.01p share price was +0.1p at 3.35p