Premier African Minerals has started an extensive diamond drilling programme on the company's substantial Zulu Lithium Project.
The drilling programme has two objectives. Firstly, to test for strike and depth extensions of the current known 3.5 kilometre surface strike length.
And, secondly to establish a maiden resource.
In addition, Premier will be reviewing the strategic options for the development of Zulu and potential monetisation of value, including possible strategic partnerships and / or the possibility of a separate listing for Zulu.
Zulu Lithium Mauritius Limited ("Zulu Lithium") has agreed terms with Mr. David Lenigas to conduct a consultant's review of Zulu based on his expertise in the lithium development sector.
- Premier initiates a diamond drilling programme on the largest undeveloped lithium enriched spodumene pegmatite in Zimbabwe.
- 1.55% Li₂0 contained in bulk sample (see RNS 1 July 2016).
- Zimbabwe is the only African country with a history of successful exploitation of lithium bearing mineralisation.
- Drilling focused on establishing a code-compliant resource.
- Review of strategic options for development and monetisation of Zulu.
- Appointment of Mr. David Lenigas as a consultant to review Zulu.