Conroy Gold and Natural Resources has announced the latest results from its drilling programme on the Clontibret gold deposit at the southwestern part of the Companys Clay Lake-Clontibret gold property.
High grades and wide intersections included 0.50m at 25.85 g/t gold in one of the already known gold zones and 5.75m grading 5.04 g/t gold in one of the newly discovered gold zones.
Five new gold zones (lodes) were discovered during the latest drilling. Gold intersections were also made in four known gold zones in the area, confirming continuity of these lode zones.
The deposit remains open to depth and in all directions.
The drilling focused on upgrading, at this stage to a depth of 200m, an area where previous drilling had indicated the potential for significant widths and gold grades. Intercepts drilled included
- 5.00m grading 2.87 g/t gold (39m depth; New Lode A)
- 0.45m grading 3.28 g/t gold (70m depth; New Lode C)
- 5.75m grading 5.04 g/t gold (82m depth; New Lode D)
- 2.25m grading 10.47 g/t gold (96m depth Known Lode) including 0.50m grading 25.85 g/t gold
- 1.25m grading 3.21 g/t gold (157m depth; Known Lode)
- 1.25m grading 2.40 g/t gold (187m depth; New Lode E)
Chairman Professor Richard Conroy said: "I am delighted at these latest excellent drilling results. The discovery of new gold zones, high grades and wide intersections of gold add further support that the Clay Lake Clontibret Gold property could become a multi-million ounce deposit."
At 8:55am: (LON:CGNR) Conroy Gold And Natural Resources PLC share price was +1p at 24.5p