26 September 2016
Acorn Minerals Plc (the "Company")
Announcement of Results of AGM
The Company is pleased to announce that at the Company's Annual General Meeting held on 26 September 2016 at 16 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5DG, all ordinary and special resolutions proposed to the meeting were passed.
During the meeting the following resolutions were passed:
1. To receive the accounts and report for the financial year ended 31 March 2016.
2. To approve the remuneration report for the financial year ended 31 March 2016.
3. To re-elect Charles Edouard Goodfellow as a director.
4. To re-appoint Grant Thornton UK LLP as the auditors of the Company and authorise the directors to fix their remuneration.
5. To authorise the directors to allot relevant securities up to a nominal amount of £2,000,000.
6. To disapply statutory pre-emption rights relating to the allotment of equity securities.
7. To approve broadening the Company's target sectors for the making of an acquisition so as to include energy, infrastructure and real estate in addition to the mining and minerals sectors.
8. To approve the Company's change of name to Acorn Growth plc.
9. To call general meetings (other than annual general meetings) on 14 days' notice.
The full text of each resolution was included in the Notice of Annual General Meeting dated 1 September 2016.
A further announcement will be made when the change of name as approved at today's meeting, has been registered at Companies House and is therefore effective.
Copies of the resolutions referred to above (except those relating to ordinary business) have been sent to the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available for viewing at www.Hemscott.com/nsm.do
Acorn Minerals Plc
Anthony Brennan, Executive Chairman
Tel: +61 8 9322 5944
This information is provided by RNS