J D WETHERSPOON PLC
J D Wetherspoon plc ("the Company") is pleased to announce the appointment of Harry Morley as a non-executive director of the Company with immediate effect. He will become chair of the audit committee
Harry is chairman of the audit committee and a non executive director of The Mercantile Investment Trust PLC. Until April 2016 he was CEO of Armajaro Asset Management and until May 2016 he was a non executive director and chair of the audit committee of Bibendum Wine Holdings Limited. Earlier in his career he was co-founder and CFO of the restaurant business Tragus Holdings, and prior to that he worked in the shipping industry for P&O. He qualified as a chartered accountant with Price Waterhouse.
The chairman of Wetherspoon, Tim Martin, said:
"I am pleased to announce the appointment of Harry to the Board and look forward to his contribution going forwards."
John Hutson Chief Executive Officer 01923 477777
Ben Whitley Finance Director 01923 477777
Eddie Gershon Company spokesman 07956 392234
Notes to editors
1. Further details on Harry Morley
Harry has had the following directorships in publicly quoted companies during the previous five years:
2014 - date : NED and (since 2015) Chairman of the audit committee at The Mercantile Investment Trust PLC
At the date of this announcement, Harry has no holding in the ordinary shares of the Company.
There are no further details required to be disclosed pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.13R.
2. J D Wetherspoon owns and operates pubs throughout the UK. The Company aims to provide customers with good-quality food and drink, served by well-trained and friendly staff, at reasonable prices. The pubs are individually designed, and the Company aims to maintain them in excellent condition.
3. Visit our website: www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk
4. This announcement has been prepared solely to provide additional information to the shareholders of J D Wetherspoon, to meet the requirements of the FCA's Disclosure and Transparency Rules. It should not be relied on by any other party, for any other purposes. Forward-looking statements have been made by the directors in good faith, using information available up until the date on which they approved this statement. Forward-looking statements should be regarded with caution, because of the inherent uncertainties in economic trends and business risks.
5. This announcement contains inside information on JD Wetherspoon plc.
This information is provided by RNS