Ariana Resources has issued an update on construction of the Kiziltepe mine within the Red Rabbit gold-silver project in western Turkey.
Kiziltepe is being advanced towards production through a 50:50 joint venture with Proccea Construction Co. The project is expecting first production in Q4 2016.
- Process (CIL/CIC and ADR) piping and electrical work to be completed by late October/early November.
- Back-up tailings pumps have arrived on site and are awaiting installation ahead of commissioning; larger diaphragm pump to be installed early 2017.
- Commissioning process now underway, commencing with process plant; wet testing of thickeners and CIL/CIC tanks now complete.
- Automation circuits and programmes to be operational during late stage commissioning in Q4 2016.
- Open-pit development by the mining contractors fully underway, with mining and stockpiling of low-grade ore in progress ahead of commissioning and start-up (Figure 1).
- 95% of the tailings dam landscaping is complete, with the dam wall and concrete drainage channel under construction.
- Mine-site laboratory set up nearing completion with major components now installed or awaiting installation and testing.
- Final commissioning and first gold pour expected in late Q4 2016; tailings dam completion and weather permitting. Managing director Dr. Kerim Sener said: "Following our most recent visit to Kiziltepe, completed last week, we are very pleased to report that mining of the Arzu South vein has commenced and stockpiling of this material is underway.
"The JV is also developing a staged pit design that will optimise the cashflow and overall resource recovery from the Arzu South pit. Work on the process plant area is now nearing completion and the only significant remaining hurdle before we can commence gold-silver production is the completion of the tailings dam, which is expected during Q4 2016."