Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd.
Result of General Meeting
6 October 2016
The Board of Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd. (AIM:RQIH) (the "Company"), the specialist non-life insurance investor, service provider and underwriting manager, today held the General Meeting referred to in the notice to shareholders of the Company dated 12 September 2016.
The resolution set out in the notice convening the General Meeting for the proposed return of capital to shareholders has been duly passed.
Notes to Editors:
Randall & Quilter pursues a buy and build strategy and has created a comprehensive range of investment activities and services in the global non-life insurance market.
R&Q is focused on the following three core areas:
· Insurance Investments
· Insurance Services
· Underwriting Management
· provides a range of services to both the live and legacy (re)insurance markets to support growing businesses and address complex and challenging run-off issues;
· employs close to 400 insurance professionals based in the UK, US, Bermuda, and Europe with wide service capability in both the 'live' and 'run-off' markets;
· owns and manages a portfolio of insurance companies, both active and in run-off, in the UK, US and Europe with net assets of £123.7m as at 31 December 2015;
· owns an admitted P&C Insurer, A- rated by AM Best, with licenses throughout the US; owns a Bermuda Class 3A insurance company which currently supports the Group's syndicate participations;
· launched Syndicate 1991, which commenced underwriting from January 1, 2013 and has an agreed capacity of £130m for 2016, manages one RITC ('run-off') syndicate, 3330, and owns and operates an MGA platform;
· acquires and manages a portfolio of insurance receivables, with a carrying cost of £6.0m as at 31 December 2015, of which R&Q holds a 50% interest
The Group was founded by Ken Randall and Alan Quilter in 1991.
This information is provided by RNS