Vedanta has delivered a strong operational performance during the second quarter, said CEO Tom Albanese.
"We have progressed on our ramp-up of aluminium and though we had some operational challenges, our full year volumes are not expected to be materially impacted," he said in a statement.
"We achieved higher mined metal production at Zinc India and this upward trend is expected to continue in the second half.
"We are extremely pleased that shareholders have approved the proposed Vedanta Limited - Cairn India merger last month, and we expect the transaction to complete in the first quarter of CY2017.
"This is an important strategic step in simplifying the Group."
- Oil & Gas: Strong production at Rajasthan, with Mangala EOR 23% higher q-o-q; Gas production at Rajasthan up 17% q-o-q
- Zinc India: Mined metal production up 51% and silver production up 21% q-o-q; H2 production expected to be significantly higher than H1, as per the mine plans
- Aluminium: Smelters continue to ramp up, with current production run-rate of 1.1 mtpa (excluding trial run production); ramp-up was impacted by pot outages at Jharsuguda-II and BALCO-II smelters in Q2; Secured coal linkages of 6mtpa for captive power plants through auctions
- Iron Ore: Mining and shipments from Goa resumed from end September, following the monsoon season
- Copper - Zambia: Mined metal production higher q-o-q due to improved recoveries
- TSPL Power: 1980MW plant fully operational with third 660MW unit capitalized; 77% plant availability in Q2 .