Botswana - Extension Drilling Underway for Low Cost T3 Discovery
Metal Tiger plc
Metal Tiger Plc
("Metal Tiger" or the "Company")
Botswana – Extension Drilling Underway for Low Cost T3 Discovery
Metal Tiger plc (LON:MTR) the London Stock Exchange AIM listed investor in strategic natural resource opportunities is pleased to provide an update with regard to the exploration programme at the Company’s Joint Venture (“JV”) project with partners MOD Resources (ASX:MOD) in the Kalahari Copper Belt in Botswana (70% MOD Resources / 30% Metal Tiger).
An estimate of the total cost of discovery for the Target 3 (T3) Resource is provided below, along with details of the T3 extension drilling which has commenced.
In addition, we would refer to the announcement released today by MOD Resources which contains images, graphs and diagrams that may assist readers in an understanding of the project. This announcement can be viewed through the following link:
Paul Johnson Chief Executive Officer of Metal Tiger commented:
“With the completion of the maiden Resource at T3, the joint venture has taken the opportunity to take stock of our investment in T3 to date. The T3 deposit has been taken from a discrete copper in soil anomaly, through initial RC drilling confirmation, and subsequent diamond hole drill-out, to a JORC compliant Mineral Resource Estimate in only 6 months, demonstrating real value for a relatively modest spend.
As we continue to explore the T3 Dome and extend the T3 Resource, the exploration team will continue to carefully manage the programme in order to maximise the potential exploration returns.
This exploration potential includes the current prospect of a drill hole confirming further significant copper associated with the strong IP geophysics anomaly located immediately down-dip, below, the current T3 Resource.”
- Work has commenced on testing possible T3 Resource extensions and on other targets, prospective for ‘T3 vein type’ mineralisation, situated along the T3 Dome. The first drill target is the large IP (Induced Polarisation) anomaly interpreted 500m down dip from the T3 resource (see below).
- Total all-in cost of the T3 Deposit, in the 6 months from discovery to 350Kt Cu maiden Resource, calculated at US$1.7M, equivalent to only US$0.22 / pound of contained copper in the Mineral Resource Estimate.
- The very low discovery cost and relatively modest investment in the T3 Resource definition has generated significant value for the MOD/MTR joint venture.
- 2016 Q4 exploration work will include investigating a number of IP geophysics targets, soil geochemistry anomalies and structural targets.
- Drilling has commenced on the first IP geophysics target; a large anomaly interpreted to be 500m down-dip of the T3 Resource. This diamond drill hole will target the same zone as previously drilled hole MO-T3U-01D, which failed to intersect the IP target due to drill-string deviation, some 200m above the target.
- MO-T3U-01D previously intersected 20m @ 0.4% Cu & 6g/t Ag, including 0.8m @ 2.5% Cu & 37g/t Ag from 473m down hole depth, within the same host sedimentary sequence as the T3 mineralisation.
- Assays are currently awaited for the 5 in-fill holes drilled within the high-grade core of the T3 Resource. Regional soil sampling is on-going.
The T3 Prospect geological data and exploration results have been reviewed and approved by Jacques Janse van Rensburg, BSc (Hons), Technical Adviser and Competent Person for MOD Resources Ltd. The Competent Person for the Mineral Resource estimation and classification of the T3 Copper/Silver Project is Mr A.I. Pretorius, MSc. Pri.Sci.Nat.
The T3 Prospect is located on the Kalahari Copper Belt in northern Botswana and is part of the MOD/MTR joint venture Botswana Copper/Silver Project. T3 is located approximately 70km NE of the project’s Tshimologo (T4) Prospect and is located parallel to the same structural trend known as the Mahumo Structural Corridor, that hosts MOD’s Mahumo Project (circa 20km NE of T3) and Cupric Capitals’ Banana Zone Deposit (60km NE) and Zone 5 Project (120km NE).
The technical information contained in this disclosure has been read and approved by Mr Nick O'Reilly (MSc, DIC, MAusIMM, FGS), who is a qualified geologist who meets the criteria of a qualified person under the AIM Rules - Note for Mining and Oil & Gas Companies. Mr O'Reilly has visited the T3 site and reviewed MOD’s drilling and sampling protocols and procedures. Mr O'Reilly is a consultant working for Mining Analyst Consulting Ltd which has been retained by Metal Tiger PLC to provide technical support.
For further information on the Company, visit: www.metaltigerplc.com:
|Paul Johnson (Chief Executive Officer)||Tel: +44 (0)7766 465 617|
|Terry Grammer (Non- Executive Chairman)||Tel: +44 (0)207 099 0738|
Spark Advisory Partners Limited
Tel: +44 (0) 2033 683 555
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 413 500
Notes to Editors:
Metal Tiger plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange AIM Market (“AIM”) with the trading code MTR and invests in high potential mineral projects with a precious and strategic metals focus.
The Company’s target is to deliver a very high return for shareholders by investing in significantly undervalued and/or high potential opportunities in the mineral exploration and development sector timed to coincide, where possible, with a cyclical recovery in the exploration and mining markets. The Company’s key strategic objective is to ensure the distribution to shareholders of major returns achieved from disposals.
Metal Tiger’s Metal Projects Division is focused on the development of its key project interests in Botswana, Spain and Thailand. In Botswana Metal Tiger has a growing interest in the large and highly prospective Kalahari copper/silver belt. In Spain Metal Tiger the Company has tungsten and gold interests in the highly mineralised Extremadura region. In Thailand Metal Tiger has expanding interests over licences, applications and critical historical data covering antimony, copper, gold, silver, lead and zinc opportunities.
The Company has access to a diverse pipeline of new opportunities focused on the natural resource sector including physical resource projects, new natural resource centred technologies and resource sector related fintech opportunities. Pipeline projects deemed commercially viable may be undertaken by Metal Tiger or by an ISDX or AIM partner with whom the Company is engaged.
Metal Tiger also has an Asset Trading Division that holds various financial instruments for trading purposes including equities, warrants and royalty income. The aim of the division is to generate profits to reinvest into the Company’s project based activities.
Note: This announcement contains inside information which is disclosed in accordance with the Market Abuse Regulation.