13 October 2016
Porta Communications Plc
("Porta" or "the Company")
Board and Management changes
Porta Communications Plc, the international communications and marketing group, is pleased to announce the following board and management changes which have immediate effect and are designed to prepare the company for the next phase in its development.
· Steffan Williams, formerly Group Managing Director, has become Chief Executive.
· David Wright, previously Chief Executive, has become Executive Chairman.
· Due to health issues Bob Morton has stepped down as Chairman and from the Board.
· John Foley, currently a Non-Executive Director, has become the Senior Independent Director.
Commenting, David Wright said:
"I am pleased to announce that Steffan has taken on the CEO role to lead the next chapter of Porta's development, supported by the Board and myself as Chairman.
"The strength of the platform that we have built is allowing us to add to the quality of our senior team across all geographies. This accumulation of talent is allowing us to be considered for and to win ever more significant client assignments. Steffan's initial focus will be to ensure that this positive momentum continues to gather pace.
"I would also like to thank Bob Morton for his very considerable contribution as Chairman to date. It's no exaggeration to say that without Bob's support Porta would not have achieved the rapid growth shown to date."
- ends -
Porta Communications Plc
David Wright, Executive Chairman
Steffan Williams, Chief Executive Officer
Gene Golembiewski, Finance Director
+44 (0) 20 7680 6500
Grant Thornton UK LLP (Nominated Adviser)
+44 (0) 207 383 5100
N+1 Singer (Broker)
+44 (0) 20 7496 3000
Redleaf PR (Media Enquiries)
+44 (0) 20 7382 4769
Notes to Editors:
Porta has two divisions:
• Communications - financial, corporate and consumer public relations, public affairs and research;
• Marketing & Advertising - multi-capability marketing, brand and creative communications.
The Group has offices in Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Brisbane, Bristol, Canberra, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Hong Kong, London, Manchester, Melbourne, Singapore and Sydney.
The brands and companies it owns are: Newgate Communications, PPS Group, Redleaf Communications, Publicasity, 13 Communications, Newgate Sponsorship, 2112 Communications and Summit Marketing Services.
Porta Communications' corporate website is - www.portacomms.com
This information is provided by RNS