JPEL Private Equity Limited
PO Box 60
9-12 The Grange
St Peter Port
Guernsey GY1 4BF
AGM Circular and Proxy Form - Correction to typographical error
* * *
GUERNSEY, 14 OCTOBER 2016
Further to the announcement on 11 October 2016 giving notice of the annual general meeting of the Company ("AGM") and the separate class meeting ("Separate Class Meeting") of holders of US$ Equity Shares to be held on 28 October 2016, and the posting of a circular (the "Circular") and forms of proxy containing notice of the resolutions to be proposed at the AGM and the Separate Class Meeting, the Company announces that, due to a clerical error, the ordering of the resolutions to be proposed at the AGM set forth in Part 1 of the circular and in the white form of proxy relating to the AGM (the "AGM Proxy Form") were incorrectly stated and the Company hereby confirms that the correct ordering of the resolutions to be proposed at the AGM is set forth in the notice of the AGM attached to the Circular (and detailed below in this RNS announcement).
The Company has today dispatched updated AGM Proxy Forms to shareholders which correct this typographical error. Shareholders should complete and return these updated AGM Proxy Forms and disregard the AGM Proxy Forms which were posted to shareholders on 11 October 2016. Any AGM Proxy Forms which were posted on 11 October 2016 which are returned to the Company will be disregarded.
Shareholders should note that any references in Part 1 of the Circular to the ordering of the resolutions to be proposed at the AGM should be read consistent with the order of the resolutions set forth in the notice of AGM attached to the circular (and detailed below in this RNS announcement) instead of the order of the resolutions set forth in Part 1 of the Circular.
Shareholders should also note that there is nothing in the updated AGM Proxy Form that is materially different for shareholders to consider.
SUMMARY OF RESOLUTIONS TO BE PROPOSED
The following summarises all of the resolutions the Company is seeking approval for at the AGM.
1. To renew the Company's authority to make purchases of up to 15 per cent. of each class of its own issued shares pursuant to any proposed Tender Offer.
2. To renew the Company's general authority to make market purchases of up to 14.99 per cent. of each class of its own issued Shares.
3. To renew the disapplication of the pre-emption rights for up to 10 per cent. of each class of its own issued Shares as set out in the Articles of Incorporation.
4. To adopt new Articles of Incorporation of the Company.
5. To approve the appointment of Sean Hurst as a non-executive independent Director of the Company.
6. To approve and adopt the Annual Report and Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 30 June 2015.
7. To approve and adopt the Annual Report and Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 30 June 2016.
8. To re-elect PricewaterhouseCoopers CI LLP as Auditors to the Company.
9. To re-authorise the Directors to determine the Auditors' remuneration.
10. To re-authorise and agree the remuneration of the Directors in accordance with the Articles of Incorporation.
Further details on each of the resolutions are set out in the Circular.
* * *
About JPEL Private Equity Limited
JPEL Private Equity Limited is a Guernsey registered and incorporated, London Stock Exchange-listed, closed-ended investment company (LSE: JPEL) designed primarily to invest in the global private equity market. The investment objective of the Company is to achieve both short and long-term capital appreciation by investing in a well-diversified portfolio of private equity fund interests and by capitalising on the inefficiencies of the secondary private equity market.
FCF JPEL Management LLC
+1 212 497 2908
Samantha Ladd Sughrue
+1 212 497 2983
This information is provided by RNS