Asiamet Resources said results from systematic mapping and channel sampling have shown the potential for a stand alone polymetallic deposit at the BKZ prospect in Central Kalimantan.
It said highlights from this recent work included:
- A continuous 15m rock channel sample collected in the southern part of the BKZ prospect averaged 19.5% Zinc, 8.1% Lead, 121g/t Silver, 0.69g/t Gold and 0.50% Copper (rock saw sampling at one-metre intervals)
- Individual one-metre rock channel samples collected from three separate locations over the mineralised strike extent outlined to date returned up to:
* 24.2% Zinc, 14.4% Lead, 0.83% Cu, 86g/t Silver and 0.24g/t Gold
* 17.7% Zinc, 16.6% Lead, 0.23% Cu, 174g/t Silver and 1.34g/t Gold
* 7.6% Zinc, 6.1% Lead, 0.10% Cu, 246g/t Silver and 0.36g/t Gold
- Excellent potential to identify additional polymetallic mineralisation along strike associated with a well defined coincident zinc-lead -copper in soil anomaly measuring 400 x 200m.
- Drill holes and surface sampling of massive sulphide-bearing outcrops confirm mineralisation is near surface and has at least 150m of strike extent
- Additional high grade polymetallic mineralisation was also mapped and sampled to the immediate south of BKM Copper deposit with rock chips assaying to 35.6% Zinc, 26.2% Lead, 2.94% Copper, 1.0g/t Gold and 3440g/t Silver
Chief executive Peter Bird said: "Potential for polymetallic mineralisation in the BK District has been known for some time, however the grades and thicknesses indicated by this most recent work together with the identification of a second area of similar potential close to the advanced BKM project are very exciting.
"While Asiamet will continue to focus its effort on progressing development of the BKM copper project and nearby copper prospects, it is also important for investors to appreciate the exceptional potential for additional discoveries on the KSK property.
"Asiamet looks forward to further advancing these high grade polymetallic prospects in the near future."
At 9:16am: (LON:ARS) Asiamet Resources Limited share price was -0.03p at 4.5p