13 June 2017
J D WETHERSPOON PLC
Q4 Interim Trading Update
The recent sales performance has been slightly better than expected. Although there are still 7 weeks left of the current 53-week financial year, we anticipate a slightly better trading outcome than was foreseen at the last update. The Company continues to anticipate it will require like-for-like sales of about 3 to 4% in its next financial year to maintain profits at this year's levels. We will provide a further update in our pre-close trading statement on 12 July 2017.
John Hutson Chief Executive Officer 01923 477777
Ben Whitley Finance Director 01923 477777
Eddie Gershon Company spokesman 07956 392234
Notes to editors
1. J D Wetherspoon owns and operates pubs throughout the UK. The Company aims to provide customers with good-quality food and drink, served by well-trained and friendly staff, at reasonable prices. The pubs are individually designed, and the Company aims to maintain them in excellent condition.
2. Visit our website: www.jdwetherspoon.com
3. This announcement has been prepared solely to provide additional information to the shareholders of J D Wetherspoon, to meet the requirements of the FCA's Disclosure and Transparency Rules. It should not be relied on by any other party, for any other purposes. Forward-looking statements have been made by the directors in good faith, using information available up until the date on which they approved this statement. Forward-looking statements should be regarded with caution, because of the inherent uncertainties in economic trends and business risks.
4. The annual report and financial statements 2016 has been published on the Company's website on 9 September 2016.
5. The current financial year comprises 53 trading weeks to 30 July 2017.
6. The next trading update is expected to be the Company's statement on 12 July 2017.
This information is provided by RNS