Harworth gets planning approval for £50m development
Source - SMW
Harworth Group, the brownfield regeneration and property investment specialist, has received planning approval from Rotherham Council for a major retail, leisure and office scheme.
Harworth said this would act as the local centre of its flagship 740 acre mixed use development at Waverley, Rotherham.
It said this new phase was further evidence of the company's success at placemaking which had seen it transform a reclaimed former industrial site into a thriving residential and business community.
It said that on completion Waverley would provide circa 4,000 homes and over 2m sq. ft. of leading employment space at the world renowned Advanced Manufacturing Park (AMP).
It said the local centre would involve the delivery of over 190,000 sq. ft. of mixed-use space that would be developed by Waverley Square Limited, a joint venture between Harworth and Dransfield Properties.
It said the scheme would include:
- Healthcare and new community facilities, including a new bus station
- Up to 99,000 sq. ft. for a new foodstore and retail space
- High specification office space covering 38,000 sq. ft.
- Restaurants, coffee shops and a gym
- A car park with up to 500 customer spaces as well as a separate staff car park.
Harworth said development was expected to take around two years to reach full build out, with construction work due to begin in spring 2018.