11 April 2018
Ofgem launches investigation into Cadent's record keeping
Ofgem has today launched an investigation into whether Cadent failed to keep records of gas pipes (risers) in some blocks of flats that are part of its network.
Gas network distribution company Cadent owns, operates and maintains gas pipes in England. It has the responsibility under its licence, to keep records of these.
Ofgem is investigating whether Cadent kept and maintained records for all of its risers, whether it has the appropriate systems in place to do so and, as a consequence, whether it maintains an efficient and economical pipeline system.
The opening of this investigation does not imply that we have made any findings about non-compliance.
Notes to editors
(1) Cadent Gas Limited holds a Gas Transporter licence. Cadent owns four of the eight regional distribution networks in the West Midlands, North West, East of England and North London
(2) A riser is a gas pipe arrangement for a building that is more than two floors above ground level and has more than two meter points.
(3) For more information on the requirements we are examining, see our investigation into Cadent and its compliance with the following obligations:
• Standard Special Licence Condition A40 - including requirements to have in place and maintain appropriate systems, processes, and procedures to enable the licensee to estimate, measure, and record the information detailed in the Regulatory Instructions and Guidance, including its 'riser asset population'.
· Standard Special Licence Condition A50 - including requirements to keep a record of individual premises and pipe-line systems the licensee is responsible for.
• Standard Special Licence Condition A55 - setting out data assurance requirements.
· Section 9 of the Gas Act 1986 - duty to maintain an efficient and economical pipe-line system.
For media queries contact Ofgem media manager Ruth Somerville 0207 901 7460/ 07766 511 470 [email protected]
For investor queries contact Ofgem head of investor relations Martin Young 0207 901 7114 [email protected]
This information is provided by RNS