Joules Group plc
('Joules' or the 'Company')
Result of AGM
Joules Group plc, the British lifestyle brand, announces that at the Company's Annual General Meeting ('AGM') held earlier today all resolutions were passed.
Details of the proxy votes received are available on the Joules Group corporate website at https://www.joulesgroup.com/investors/shareholder-centre/agm-documents/
Joules Group plc
Tel: +44 (0) 1858 435 255
Nick Jones, CEO
Marc Dench, CFO
Hudson Sandler (Financial PR)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7796 4133
Peel Hunt LLP, Nominated Advisor and Joint Broker
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7418 8900
Liberum Capital Limited, Joint Broker
Tel: +44 (0) 20 3100 2000
Joules - a premium lifestyle brand with an authentic British heritage
Established in Britain by Tom Joule three decades ago, Joules is a premium lifestyle brand with an authentic heritage.
The Joules story began in 1989, when Tom Joule started selling clothing on a stand at a country show in Leicestershire. Today, it is a true multi-channel lifestyle brand; its products are available through its e-commerce websites, retail stores, at rural shows and events and wholesale channels both in the UK and internationally.
Joules carefully designs and sells clothing, footwear and accessories for women, men and children. The business also sells ever-growing collections of homeware, eyewear, lifestyle and pet product ranges through both its licensing partnerships and Friends of Joules - the brand's online marketplace that brings together hundreds of creative businesses to give customers everything they could ever need for a contemporary country lifestyle.
The brand's values of quality, Britishness, family and humour, coupled with its unique use of colour and print set Joules apart. This approach, along with an unwavering attention to detail and drive to surprise and delight its customers with unexpected details, has been central to the brand's success and remains at the heart of everything Joules creates.
Joules Fast Facts
• Joules is an international brand, available in the UK, USA, Germany and other international markets
• Joules has a significant online business, operates across 128* stores in the UK and ROI across a range of location types and has a well-established wholesale business with over 2,000 stockists worldwide
• Joules' talented in-house print design team lovingly hand-draw all the prints and unexpected unique details you see within its collections each season
• Joules is proud of its British heritage and still has strong roots in Market Harborough, the site of its first shop and head office - since day one
• Joules' performance has been recognised through a number of awards including:
o Mainstream Brand of the Year - Drapers Awards 2019, 2017 and 2016
o Best Licensed Fashion or Talent Brand Award - Brand & Lifestyle Licensing Awards 2019
o Best Licensed Gifting Product Award - Brand & Lifestyle Licensing Award 2019
o The Best Fashion Retailer (Mark of Excellence) - Retail Week Awards 2019 and 2018
o Fashion Retail Business of the Year (between £101m-£500m turnover) - Drapers Awards 2018 and 2017
*As at 31 May 2020, excluding concessions and franchises (33 concessions and 3 franchise stores)