19 May 2021
Hurricane Energy plc
("Hurricane" or the "Company")
Requisition of General Meeting
Hurricane Energy plc, the UK based oil and gas company, announces that it has received a requisition notice (the "Requisition Notice") from Crystal Amber Fund Limited pursuant to section 303 of the Companies Act 2006 (the "Act"), requiring that Hurricane's board (the "Board") convenes a general meeting of shareholders for the purposes of considering the following ordinary resolutions:
1. That Steven McTiernan be removed from office as a director of the Company with immediate effect.
2. That Dr David Jenkins be removed from office as a director of the Company with immediate effect.
3. That John van der Welle be removed from office as a director of the Company with immediate effect.
4. That Sandy Shaw be removed from office as a director of the Company with immediate effect.
5. That Beverley Smith be removed from office as a director of the Company with immediate effect.
6. That John Wright be appointed as an additional director of the Company with immediate effect.
7. That David Craik be appointed as an additional director of the Company with immediate effect.
The Board is considering the content of the Requisition Notice, which it intends to respond to in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
Hurricane Energy plc
Antony Maris, Chief Executive Officer
Philip Corbett, Head of Investor Relations
+44 (0)1483 862820
Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited
Nominated Adviser & Joint Corporate Broker
+44 (0)20 7710 7600
Investec Bank plc
Joint Corporate Broker
Chris Sim / Rahul Sharma
+44 (0)20 7597 5970
Patrick d'Ancona / Ben Simons
+44 (0)20 7390 0230
Hurricane was established to discover, appraise and develop hydrocarbon resources associated with naturally fractured basement reservoirs. The Company's acreage is concentrated on the Rona Ridge, in the West of Shetland region of the UK Continental Shelf.
The Lancaster field (100% owned by Hurricane) is the UK's first producing basement field. Hurricane is pursuing a phased development of Lancaster, starting with an Early Production System consisting of two wells tied-back to the Aoka Mizu FPSO. Hydrocarbons were introduced to the FPSO system on 11 May 2019 and the first oil milestone was achieved on 4 June 2019.
In September 2018, Spirit Energy farmed-in to 50% of the Lincoln and Warwick assets, committing to a phased work programme targeting sanction of an initial stage of full field development.
Visit Hurricane's website at www.hurricaneenergy.com
This announcement contains inside information.