2 June 2021
Hurricane Energy plc
("Hurricane", the "Company" or the "Group")
Update on Shareholder Restructuring Plan Meeting
Further to the publication of the notice (the "Shareholder Plan Meeting Notice") of the plan meeting of shareholders (the "Shareholder Plan Meeting") on 24 May 2021, the Company announces the process by which the Company's shareholders can virtually join and participate in the Shareholder Plan Meeting.
Date and time of the Shareholder Plan Meeting
As set out in the notice dated 24 May 2021, the Shareholder Plan Meeting will be held virtually via video conference at 12:00 BST on 11 June 2021 or, if later, as soon as possible thereafter as the plan meeting of the Company's bondholders, scheduled for 11:00 BST on the 11 June 2021, shall have been concluded or adjourned.
Information on how to join and participate in the Shareholder Plan Meeting
Shareholders will be able to join and participate in the Shareholder Plan Meeting virtually should they wish to do so. The Shareholder Plan Meeting will be facilitated through a combination of a live video broadcast facility via the Lumi website and an audio conference facility. The live video broadcast facility via the Lumi website will allow shareholders to view and listen to the Chairman of the meeting, listen to the proceedings of the meeting, submit questions in written format and vote remotely. The audio conference facility will allow shareholders to listen to the proceedings of the meeting and afford an opportunity to speak and ask questions at the Shareholder Plan Meeting to shareholders who wish to do so.
In order to ensure that the Shareholder Plan Meeting is held in an efficient manner, any shareholder wishing to speak at the Shareholder Plan Meeting is strongly encouraged to contact the Company in advance by no later than 12.00 BST on 9 June 2021 by email at email@example.com to register their request to speak. Such email should state the shareholder's name and the proposed question or topic of discussion. Whilst the Company will endeavour to allow any shareholder wishing to speak the ability to do so, the Chairman of the meeting may in his discretion determine the order of speakers and questions, impose a time restriction on speakers and/or impose a limitation on the number of speakers to ensure that the business of the Shareholder Plan Meeting is able to be concluded in an orderly manner at the meeting. Such determination will be made on the basis of the number of registered speakers and/or to avoid duplication of questions and discussion items at the meeting. This determination will be communicated to shareholders at, or in advance of, the Shareholder Plan Meeting.
Whilst it will be possible for shareholders to submit written questions to the Chairman of the meeting during the Shareholder Plan Meeting via the live video broadcast facility, it may not be practically possible for the Chairman to respond to any or all such questions prior to the conclusion of the Shareholder Plan Meeting. Shareholders wishing to ask questions in writing are strongly encouraged to submit any questions they may have in advance by no later than 12.00 BST on 9 June 2021 by contacting the Company by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such email should state the shareholder's name and the proposed question.
Shareholders wishing to speak at the Shareholder Plan Meeting must ensure that they utilise the audio conference facility. Shareholders wishing to vote at the Shareholder Plan Meeting must ensure that they utilise the Lumi website live video broadcast facility. Shareholders may access both facilities simultaneously should they wish to both speak at, and vote at, the Shareholder Plan Meeting.
Shareholders will require a unique Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) and PIN to participate in the Shareholder Plan Meeting. This SRN and PIN can be found printed on the form of proxy issued to each shareholder. Shareholders who hold shares in a custodian account, duly appointed proxies and corporate representatives or otherwise who require an SRN and PIN are encouraged to please contact the Company's registrar before 12:30 BST on 9 June 2021 on 0370 707 1733 (or +44 370 707 1733 if calling from outside the UK) for a unique SRN and PIN. Lines are open 09:00 to 17:00 BST Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays in England & Wales).
The details of both facilities can be found below. The details will also be made available on the Shareholder Plan Meeting Lumi website.
Lumi Website Live Video Broadcast Facility
1. The Shareholder Plan Meeting can be accessed through the Lumi website at https://web.lumiagm.com using the meeting ID (191-776-653), after which a shareholder will be prompted to enter the unique Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) and PIN which can be found printed on the form of proxy issued to each shareholder. Electronic access to the Shareholder Plan Meeting will be available from 11:30 BST on 11 June 2021, however, please note that the ability to vote will not be enabled until the Chairman of the meeting formally opens the poll. A guide on how to join the Lumi website can be found on the Company's website at www.hurricaneenergy.com.
2. The Shareholder Plan Meeting will be broadcast in video format. From the commencement of the meeting, shareholders will be able to listen to the proceedings of the meeting. Once the Shareholder Plan Meeting resolution has been proposed, the resolution will appear on the website along with the voting options available: "FOR", "AGAINST" or "WITHHELD". Shareholders should cast their vote by clicking on the relevant option on the screen. Once the vote has been made, the option will change colour and a confirmation message will indicate that the vote has been cast and received. There is no "submit" button. To correct a mistake or change the vote, simply select another voting option. To cancel a vote, select the "CANCEL" option. Shareholders can vote, or change their vote, at any time whilst the poll remains open and before the Chairman of the meeting announces its closure at the end of the meeting.
3. Shareholders may ask questions of the Chairman of the meeting via the Lumi website by selecting the messaging icon from within the navigation bar and typing their question at the bottom of the screen. As noted previously, it may not be practically possible for the Chairman to respond to any or all such questions prior to the conclusion of the Shareholder Plan Meeting.
4. An active internet connection is required at all times in order to allow voting when the poll opens, submit questions and watch the video broadcast. It is the user's responsibility to ensure the connection is maintained for the duration of the meeting.
Audio Conference Facility
1. The Shareholder Plan Meeting can be accessed via audio conference facility on +44 (0)330 336 9125, using the confirmation code 8858522. The full details of the conference facility are as follows:
+44 (0)330 336 9125
Hurricane Energy plc
Event Conference Title:
Hurricane Energy Plc Shareholder Restructuring Plan Meeting
Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
2. After dialling into the facility and entering the confirmation code, a shareholder will be prompted by the operator to confirm the full name and the unique Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) which can be found printed on the form of proxy issued to each shareholder. Audio access to the Shareholder Plan Meeting will be available from 11:30 BST on 11 June 2021. Shareholders are advised to join the conference at least five minutes before the scheduled start time.
3. A shareholder who has pre-registered to speak at the Shareholder Plan Meeting will, subject to the Chairman of the meeting's determination of conduct of the meeting as mentioned above, be notified by the moderator during the meeting at the time allotted for him or her to speak. All shareholders will be automatically muted before (and after) their allotted time to speak.
4. The Company will endeavour to give a shareholder who has not pre-registered to speak at the Shareholder Plan Meeting but wishes to do so an opportunity to speak during the meeting, time permitting. The operator will provide instructions during the course of the meeting to such shareholders on how and when to register a request to speak and, if relevant, the time allotted for him or her to speak.
5. Shareholders wishing to ask questions using the audio conference facility will need to mute the device to which the video webcast is being streamed to/or on.
A copy of this announcement can be found on the Company's website at www.hurricaneenergy.com.
Hurricane Energy plc
Antony Maris, Chief Executive Officer
Philip Corbett, Head of Investor Relations
+44 (0)1483 862 820
Evercore Partners International LLP
+44 (0)20 7653 6000
Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited
Nominated Adviser & Corporate Broker
+44 (0)20 7710 7600
Investec Bank plc
Joint Corporate Broker
Chris Sim / Rahul Sharma
+44 (0)20 7597 5970
Patrick d'Ancona / Ben Simons
+44 (0)20 7390 0230
Lucid Issuer Services Limited
David Shilson / Sunjeeve Patel
+ 44 (0)20 7704 0880
Hurricane was established to discover, appraise and develop hydrocarbons associated with naturally fractured basement reservoirs. The Company's acreage is concentrated on the Rona Ridge, in the West of Shetland region of the UK Continental Shelf.
The Lancaster field (100% owned by Hurricane) is the UK's first producing basement field. Hurricane has pursued a phased development of Lancaster, initially starting with an Early Production System consisting of two wells tied-back to the Aoka Mizu FPSO. Hydrocarbons were introduced to the FPSO system on 11 May 2019 and the first oil milestone was achieved on 4 June 2019.
In September 2018, Spirit Energy farmed-in to 50% of the Lincoln and Warwick assets, committing to a phased work programme targeting sanction of an initial stage of full field development.
Visit Hurricane's website at www.hurricaneenergy.com
Prior to publication, this announcement did not contain inside information under Regulation (EU) 596/2014 on market abuse