IMPORTANT: Shares publishes information and ideas which are of interest to investors. It does not provide advice in relation to investments or any other financial matters. Comments published in Shares must not be relied upon by readers when they make their investment decisions. Investors who require advice should consult a properly qualified independent adviser. Shares, its staff and AJ Bell Media Limited do not, under any circumstances, accept liability for losses suffered by readers as a result of their investment decisions.
Members of staff of Shares may hold shares in companies mentioned in the magazine and on the website. This could create a conflict of interests. Where such a conflict exists it will be disclosed. Shares adheres to a strict code of conduct for reporters, as set out below.
- In keeping with the existing practice, reporters who intend to write about any securities, derivatives or positions that they have an interest in should first clear their writing with the editor. If the editor agrees that the reporter can write about the interest, it should be disclosed to readers at the end of the story. Holdings by third parties including families, trusts, self-select pension funds, self select ISAs and PEPs, spread bets, CFDs and nominee accounts are included in such interests.
- Reporters will inform the editor on any occasion that they transact shares, derivatives or spread betting positions. This will overcome situations when the interests they are considering might conflict with reports by other writers in the magazine. This notification should be confirmed by e-mail.
- Reporters are required to hold a full personal interest register. The whereabouts of this register should be revealed to the editor.
- A reporter should not have made a transaction of shares, derivatives or spread betting positions for seven working days before the publication of an article that mentions such interest. Reporters who have an interest in a company they have written about should not transact the shares within seven working days after the on-sale date of the magazine.
The information supplied on this website is gathered from a variety of third party sources. Under no circumstances is it to be used or considered as an offer to sell, or a solicitation of any offer to buy. While all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information contained is not untrue or misleading at the time of publication, we make no representation as to its accuracy or completeness and it should not be relied upon as such.
This information is provided solely for the general information and users are expected to make their own investment decisions without reliance on this data. Neither AJ Bell Media, Shares Magazine nor any officer or employee accepts any liability whatsoever for any direct or consequential loss arising from any use of the data.
The value of the investment(s) and their income yield(s) may go up or down. The investment(s) referred to on this website may not be suitable for private investors: if you are in any doubt you should seek advice from an investment advisor. Changes in rates of currency exchange may have an adverse effect on the value, price or income of investments. Statements as to past performance of any investment are not a guide to future performance. The levels and bases of taxation can change, and if you are in doubt you should seek independent professional advice. In some cases it may be difficult for you to sell or realise your investment or to obtain reliable information about its value or the extent of the risks to which you are exposed.
Sign up to our
Subscribe to the latest investing news by entering your email address below
You can opt out at any time.
For five days a week you will get
- The latest company news
- Insight into investment trends
- Round-up of director's buys and sells
- Articles from Shares magazine