Terms and Conditions
The Shares Magazine and MoneyAM websites and services are: only provided for your general information and use and are not intended to cater for your particular requirements; and are not intended to be relied upon by you in making or not making any investment decisions. If in doubt please seek appropriate independent financial advice. Shares Magazine, its staff, AJ Bell Media Limited do not accept any liability for any loss suffered by any reader or user of our websites as a result on any such decision.
The price of shares and investments and the income derived from them can go down as well as up, and investors may not get back the amount they invested. Past performance cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
AJ Bell Media Limited company behind of Shares Magazine and MoneyAM are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") the data controller is AJ Bell Media limited of 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Websites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites.
- Details of your visits to the Websites and the resources that you access.
- IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:-
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise the Websites according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to the Websites.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Websites.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SECURITY
All transactions on the Websites are effected by using third-party secure servers based on the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption standard. All credit card information is transmitted to us and then on to the Credit-Card Company, via secure encrypted link. You can look for the locked padlock icon on your browser to verify that your connection is encrypted (usually the bottom right of your browser window). Your credit card number is not stored on our server, nor do we have access to this data other than to pass it directly to the Credit-Card Company for validation via secure link.
Personal information that you may supply to us is stored in a password-protected format to prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the data. As mentioned above, your credit card number is not stored on our server.
Unfortunately no transmission of data via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, whilst we are committed to continued best efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.Upon receipt of your transmitted personal data we promise to use best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Please note that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on-line on the internet (for example on message boards, through e-mail, or in chat areas), that information can potentially be collected and used by others without you necessarily knowing about it. Therefore, where you provide personal data on line that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited communication from others in return.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with the Services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service where you choose to do so; * to notify you about changes to the Services. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Company Act 1985. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if AJ Bell Media Limited or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about their customers will of course be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of AJ Bell Media Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at our registered offices at 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE, England or email [email protected]
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions of Website Use
These General Terms and Conditions, together with the documents referred to below (the "Agreement") tells you the terms and conditions on which you may make use of the SharesMagazine co.uk and MoneyAM.com Websites (the "Websites") and purchase services from us. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement you must not use the Websites. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
Information about us
The Websites are operated by AJ Bell Media Limited. These are companies registered in England and Wales under company number 3733852 (AJ Bell Media) and 04503731 (MoneyAM) and with their registered offices and trading address at 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE, England. VAT numbers: 740320381 (AJ Bell Media); 714 1021 94 (MoneyAM).
Our preferred means of communication is by email. Should you wish to email us, you can do so at [email protected] and [email protected] For all postal communications with us kindly address any correspondence to our trading address as stated above.
Registration and Access to the Websites
We permit you to access the Websites on a temporary basis but we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services and information available on the Websites (collectively the "Services") and/or cancel your subscription without notice. The final decision rests with AJ Bell Media Limited.
Access to certain services is free. We may also offer premium services (at our sole discretion) for which a payment will be required. We will notify you if you attempt to access services that are not free and offer, at our discretion, the opportunity to subscribe for such services.
Anyone wishing to purchase premium services from the MoneyAm website or to post messages to the forums must first complete a registration form, where you will be asked to provide a few brief details about yourself to enable us to identify you when you visit the website. Promptly after registration we shall send to you by email your personal access password. There is no charge for this registration, nor any obligation to subsequently purchase any services
You agree to keep your password confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. The password is non-transferable. You agree:
- To indemnify us for all costs, liabilities, claims, losses (including loss of revenue) for any unauthorised use of your password; and
- Immediately change your password if a third party has discovered your existing password.
In the event that we have grounds to suspect that you are in breach of this agreement we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to the websites and/or the services.
Uploading material to the Websites Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Website or to make contact with other users of the Website you must comply with our Content Standards. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards and you agree to indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
The Websites and the Services are:
- only provided for you
- not intended to be relied upon by you in making or not making any investment decisions. If in doubt please seek independent financial advice.
The price of shares and investments and the income derived from them can go down as well as up, and investors may not get back the amount they invested. Past performance cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
Private Investor (non-professional)
You agree that in entering into this Agreement you will at all times be acting as a private investor (non-professional) and not in the course of any employment, trade or profession which you may carry on.
For regulatory purposes, you are a private investor if you meet all of the following criteria for the entire term of your subscription.
- You are subscribing to the service in a personal capacity.
- You are not currently registered or qualified as a professional securities trader or investment adviser with any national or state exchange, regulatory authority, professional association or recognised professional body.
- You do not currently act in any capacity as an investment advisor, whether or not you have at some time been qualified to do so.
- You use the service solely in relation to the management of your personal funds and not as a trader or an advisor to the public or to the investment of corporate funds.
- You do not distribute, republish or otherwise provide any data from the service to any third party in any manner.
- The data change is designed to cover individuals and will be maintained in the customer's name and not in the company name - the exception to this would be a share club operating on a non-professional basis.
- You are not a private investor if you do not meet any one of the criteria outlined above.
Transactions concluded through the Websites
Contracts for the supply of the Services formed through the Websites or as a result of visits made by you to the Websites are governed by our Conditions of Supply.
Rights in this Website We own or are the authorised licensee of the copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Website and the Services. The Website and the Services are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
The Website and the Services may not be reproduced, copied, downloaded, used, linked to, or exploited in any way except as specifically provided and permitted by this Agreement or as expressly agreed in writing by us.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Website and the Services solely for your own personal or internal purposes. You acknowledge that the Services, and your use and interpretation of such services, requires skill and judgement for which you shall be solely responsible. You further acknowledge that you shall be solely responsible for all opinions, forecasts, recommendations and other comments made or action taken by you based wholly or partly on the Services.
You may print extracts of materials from the Services in hard copy solely for your own personal purposes, provided that such materials are attributed to "Shares Magazine" and/or "MoneyAM.com" and any copyright or other proprietary notices and disclaimers applied by us are retained. You may not otherwise copy the Services or transfer the Services to any third party.
We reserve the right to suspend your access to any part of the Websites and/or the Services should we become aware of any regulation, claim, condition or restriction in any part of the world which requires us to do so or which exposes us to any claim of liability or claim if we do not do so.
You shall promptly notify us of any unauthorised use of the Websites and/or the Services or any actual or suspected infringement of any of the intellectual property rights in the Websites and/or the Services of which you become aware.
Linking You may link to the home pages of the Websites, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Websites must not be framed on any other website, nor should you establish a link to any part of the Websites other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Websites contain links to various websites and other resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that you may suffer in connection with your use of them.
Liability & Disclaimer
The Websites and the Services are supplied to you on an "AS IS" and an "IF AVAILABLE" basis and we expressly disclaim and exclude all warranties, conditions, representations and terms, whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise with respect to the Websites and/or the Services including, without limitation, as to the accuracy or completeness of the Websites and/or the Services, as to whether the Websites and/or the Services are up to date and as to the condition of the Services. We make no warranty that the Websites and/or the Services are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties.
We hereby exclude all liability for any claim, loss, demands or damages of any kind whatsoever (whether such claims, loss, demands or damages were foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Websites and/or the Services, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of revenue; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of anticipated savings; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of damage to or corruption of data; loss of use of money or otherwise, and whether or not advised of the possibility of such claim, loss demand or damages and whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise to the fullest extent to which such liability may be excluded or avoided by law.
Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence (or that of our employees, agents or directors); (ii) fraud; or (iii) any liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
You warrant and undertake not to use the Websites or the Services in connection with any unlawful or illegal purpose, or so as to bring AJ Bell Media Limited and their businesses, products or services into disrepute. You also warrant not to use the site with any automated page retrieval tool.
You agree to indemnify us against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees) arising out of your misuse of the Websites, any linked website and/or the Services.
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time by calling 08000882520 8am-9pm Monday to Saturday or 8am to 8pm Sunday. No refunds are offered during the cancellation period but all outstanding issues and service will be fulfilled. For account enquires contact our customer services team on 01444 475 661 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
In the event that you should choose to cancel this Agreement you must supply us with not less than 1 months notice. Upon your termination of this Agreement, you shall be liable to pay us all charges owing up until and including the effective date of termination. You shall not be entitled to any refund of charges that you have already paid to us.
We may terminate this Agreement:
- immediately, upon notice in writing, in the event that you are in breach of this Agreement; or
- upon not less than 1 month's notice in writing at any time.
In the event that we terminate this Agreement under clause 11(1), we shall refund to you a sum equivalent to the unused portion of any advance charges paid by you calculated from the effective date of termination.
In the event that we terminate this Agreement under clause 11(2), you shall not be entitled to any refund of charges.
The decision by either party to terminate this Agreement shall not limit any other rights or remedies it may have, or shall not affect any accrued rights or obligations arising before the date of termination.
Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason (including termination of any free trial), you shall immediately discontinue use of the Website and the Services. The restrictions set out in this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by English law and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Conditions of Supply Please read these conditions carefully before ordering any Services from the Websites. You should understand that by ordering any of the Services you agree to be bound by these conditions of supply and our General
Terms and Conditions.
Please click on the button marked "I accept" at the end of these conditions if you accept these conditions. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these conditions you will not be able to order any of the Services available from the Websites.
Our full details including our corporate identity and our address are set out in our General Terms and Conditions page.
- Your status
By purchasing the Services through the Websites you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are at least 18 years old.
- How the contract is formed and your right to cancel
All orders are subject to acceptance by us and we will confirm such acceptance to you by on-line electronic means (the "Confirmation").Upon your receipt of the Confirmation you will be able to commence the use the Services you have paid for. You acknowledge and confirm that the performance of the Services by us shall commence upon your receipt of the Confirmation at which time you will lose your entitlement to cancel this Agreement and claim a refund of any monies paid by you.
- Prices and Payment
The prices for any goods or services will be as quoted on the Websites from time to time, except in the case of obvious errors. These prices exclude VAT. Prices are liable to change at any time, but any changes will not affect orders already placed and confirmed.You agree to pay (in advance) any applicable fee for any premium services that you use. Payment can be made by debit/credit card during registration or, alternatively, you may pay by cheque. Upon authorisation of your debit/credit card, or clearance of your cheque, we will activate your account and send you notification (via email) of the details.
- Debit/Credit Card Payments
Where you have chosen to pay by credit/debit card, payment must be made in advance and can either be paid annually or on a monthly basis. After your initial payment we will continue to take your annual/monthly subscription fee from the card details you have registered with us until such time as this agreement is cancelled by either party, or the card expires. We will notify you (via email) one week before the expiry date of your credit/debit card.If you do not contact us by the date your subscription expires, your access to our premium services will be downgraded to that of a non-subscriber. Your subscription and access to our premium services will be restored upon our receipt of authorisation of new debit/credit card details.
- Fulfilment and delivery
Your order will be fulfilled by any fulfilment date set out in the Confirmation or if no fulfilment date is specified then within 30 days of the date of the Confirmation except in exceptional circumstances.
- Our Liability and Disclaimer
Please read our General Terms and Conditions for details of our liability and Disclaimer.
- Site Advertising
We have commercial agreements in place with a number of advertisers whereby we derive a payment for introducing new business to them. Likewise we also run affiliate schemes for business introduced to them.
All notices shall be given by email to AJ Bell Limited at [email protected], or, to you at either the email or postal address you provide during the registration process. Notice will be deemed received 24 hours after email is sent or 3 days after the date of posting.
As part of our commitment to make the MoneyAM Bulletin Boards as informative, user friendly and free from abuse as possible for our users, please read the following Content Standards which apply to any and all material (contributions) which you make to the Websites including the Bulletin Boards and which incorporate our General Terms and Conditions .
Your commitment to these Standards ensures a positive experience for all of our users.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate where they state facts
- Be genuinely held where they state opinions
- Comply with applicable law in any country from which they are posted
- Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any other person;
- Contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be likely to disrupt our service in any way;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us where this is not the case;
- Advocate promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- Advertise any product or service other than MoneyAM without our prior written consent;
We caution against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as private email address, telephone number or home address) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
Please also be mindful of your fellow subscribers and treat them with the respect and courtesy they deserve.
If we discover that you have been abusing the Bulletin Boards we will reprimand you up to and including removal of your privileges, which will leave you with read-only access.