Source - Alliance News

SRT Marine Systems PLC on Thursday said it has signed $180 million contract with a national coast guard, to provide an integrated maritime surveillance and intelligence system.

The Somerset, England-based provider of maritime domain awareness systems and technologies for surveillance, security, safety and environmental protection said the project will be implemented over a two-year period, which will be followed by a support and data services period of eight years.

The company added that the implementation of the contract accounts for 85% of its value, with the remaining 15% constituting support and data services.

The firm said the contract will deliver the national implementation of its SRT-MDA System integrated maritime surveillance, intelligence and command & control system, which will integrate coastal, vessel, drone and satellite sensor systems within a network of fully connected command centres.

According to SRT Marine, this will provide a ‘high level of maritime domain situational awareness,’ through vessel and event detection across the customer’s entire marine domain.

SRT Marine shares rose 17% to 54.00 pence each in London on Thursday afternoon.

Copyright 2023 Alliance News Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Find out how to deal online from £1.50 in a SIPP, ISA or Dealing account. AJ Bell logo

Related Charts

Srt Marine Systems PLC (SRT)

+0.72p (+2.59%)
delayed 15:57PM