Xtract Resources has provided an update regarding its Chepica gold and copper mine in Chile.
- Refurbishment of the crushing plant has been completed
- New floatation plant has been refurbished with rubber liners and construction is expected to be completed on schedule and within budget
- First shipment containing cleaner cells and electrical systems from Durban in South Africa to Santiago in Chile dispatched and second shipment containing rougher cells currently being packed
- Metallurgical and mineralogical test work carried out by SGS Lakefield laboratories indicate that, once the proposed upgrades have been completed, gold recovery in excess of 75% could be achieved at Chepica
- The Company believes that the proposed upgrades at Chepica will negate any problems relating to metallurgical issues at the processing plant and the production of concentrate
- Underground development continues at both Chepica main and Colin section with ore recovered being stock piled for treatment once the plant is recommissioned.