Horizonte Minerals (LON:HZM) has commenced social and environmental base line data collection on its recently acquired Glencore Araguaia project the adjacent nickel project to the Company's Araguaia project.
It says the consolidation of Araguaia with GAP has created one of the largest nickel saprolite projects globally and the Company is currently in the process of finalising an updated Pre-Feasibility Study on the enlarged Araguaia Project.
* * *
BOS GLOBAL Holdings NL (LON:FTE) has issued an update on its operations.
BOS has appointed its wholly-owned subsidiary BOS Distributions Pty as the licensee for the purposes of promoting, marketing, distributing, reproducing, supplying and publishing the Kronologica and Meetingly products to third party end users with effect from 12 Septembe, replacing the previous licensee Hostisme Pty Ltd (a 50:50 JV company).
BOS has also announced it has appointed Dr Luke Strotz as chief scientific adviser to BOS GLOBAL Holdings NL.
Strotz's field of study in Bio Science will offer a unique perspective towards the collection of workplace data as well as valuable insights into the dynamics of workplace communities.
Strotz will advise the BOS-360 Work Patterns team on the development of a purpose built taxonomy (a system for classifying data). This taxonomy will become the foundation of the BOS360 Platform as a Service (PaaS).
1,075,200 fully paid ordinary shares have been allotted to Capresi Consolidated Limited for the provision of advisory services in relation to the company's readmission to AIM. Application has also been made for these shares to be admitted to trading on AIM on or around 21 September 2016.
Following admission of the shares, BOS will have 51,075,198 fully paid ordinary shares in issue.
The company has also granted 500,000 warrants to RFC Ambrian Limited under the terms of their engagement agreement. The warrants expire on 30 August 2021 and have an exercise price of 10.4 pence.
Finally, shareholders are advised that the new corporate website for BOS is now live. The address for the new website is www.bosglobal.com.
* * *
Mine-to-metals specialist Jubilee Platinum (LO:JLP), on behalf of its subsidiary, Jubilee Tailings Treatment Company, has issued a performance, operational and financial update of its chrome recovery section of the Dilokong chrome mine tailings project.
- Chromite concentrate production up 7.86% to 10 430 tons for the month of August 2016 compared with July 2016
- Expansion of new tailings deposit area after removal of chrome has commenced to allow for further increase in Chrome production from processing of surface material. Expected to be completed over 3 months.
- Project revenue generated from chromite concentrate sales up 7.02% to £0.737 million for the month of August 2016 compared with July 2016 (ZAR 13.15 million, 9.47% increase)
- Chromite project earnings up 8.37% to £0.559 million for the month of August 2016 compared to July 2016 (ZAR 9.98 million, 10.86% increase)
- Earnings attributable to Jubilee for the month of August 2016 from chromite concentrate production up 7.11% to £0.314 million (ZAR 5.6 million, 9.57% increase) compared with the month of July 2016
- Construction of the 660 000 tons per annum platinum and chromite processing plant continues to progress to schedule targeting commencement of commissioning in December 2016
- Project Capital expenditure to date of £7.2 million (ZAR 127, 8 million) equivalent of 65% of total projected capital. This is commensurate with the percentage project completion
Chief executive Leon Coetzer said: "The DCM Project continues to achieve exceptional performance both in terms of revenue and earnings from chromite concentrate sales as well as operational performance. The month of August has shown further improvements from the stable operations achieved in July.
"I am very pleased with the progress made on the construction of the Hernic project which remains on schedule and in budget. We refer shareholders to our website for updated project pictures of the construction site."
* * *
The sector's biggest riser was GoldStone Resources (LON:GRL) and Greatland Gold (LON:GGP) - up by more than 13.3% and over 10.2% rspectively in late trading. The biggest fallers were Nyota Minerals (LON:NYO) and Ovoca Gold (LON:OVG) - down by more than 16.6% and 10%.
(LON:BEM) Beowulf Mining PLC share price was 0p at 4.25p
(LON:BKY) Berkeley Energia Ltd share price was -0.5p at 45p
(LON:CEY) Centamin PLC share price was 0p at 141.8p
(LON:CHL) Churchill Mining PLC share price was +1.75p at 26.63p
(LON:CZA) Coal of Africa Ltd share price was -0.06p at 3.26p
(LON:FDI) Firestone Diamonds PLC share price was -0.5p at 45.25p
(LON:FRES) Fresnillo PLC share price was +10p at 1645p
(LON:GEMD) Gem Diamonds Ltd share price was -1p at 122p
(LON:HOC) Hochschild Mining PLC share price was -14.35p at 254.85p
(LON:HZM) Horizonte Minerals PLC share price was +0.2p at 2.33p
(LON:JLP) Jubilee Platinum PLC share price was 0p at 3.38p
(LON:KMR) Kenmare Resources PLC share price was -8.75p at 276.25p
(LON:VED) Vedanta Resources PLC share price was -0.25p at 500.25p