JPEL Private Equity Limited
PO Box 60
9-12 The Grange
St Peter Port
Guernsey GY1 4BF
JPEL PUBLISHES 2016 AGM CIRCULAR
* * *
GUERNSEY, 11 OCTOBER 2016
JPEL Private Equity Limited ("JPEL" or the "Company") has today published a circular to Shareholders.
The following summarises all of the resolutions the Company is seeking to approve at the Annual General Meeting ("AGM") and the separate class meeting of holders of US$ Equity Shares ("Separate Class Meeting"), as applicable . With the exception of resolutions 4 and 7, all special and ordinary resolutions to be proposed at the AGM represent renewals from previous annual general meetings.
SUMMARY OF RESOLUTIONS TO BE PROPOSED
The following summarises all of the resolutions the Company is seeking approval for at the AGM.
1. To renew the Company's authority to make purchases of up to 15 per cent. of each class of its own issued shares pursuant to any proposed Tender Offer.
2. To renew the Company's general authority to make market purchases of up to 14.99 per cent. of each class of its own issued Shares.
3. To renew the disapplication of the pre-emption rights for up to 10 per cent. of each class of its own issued Shares as set out in the Articles of Incorporation.
4. To adopt new Articles of Incorporation of the Company.
5. To approve and adopt the Annual Report and Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 30 June 2015.
6. To approve and adopt the Annual Report and Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 30 June 2016.
7. To approve the appointment of Sean Hurst as a non-executive independent Director of the Company.
8. To re-elect PricewaterhouseCoopers CI LLP as Auditors to the Company.
9. To re-authorise the Directors to determine the Auditors' remuneration.
10. To re-authorise and agree the remuneration of the Directors in accordance with the Articles of Incorporation.
The following summarises the special resolution which the Company is seeking to approve at the Separate Class Meeting.
11. To approve the proposals in the new Articles of Incorporation which vary the rights of US$ Equity Shareholders by the inclusion of provisions authorising the Company to redeem some of its issued Equity Shares on a quarterly basis.
Further details on each of the resolutions are set out in the Company's circular.
Copies of the following documents are available for inspection at the offices of Akin Gump LLP, Eighth Floor, Ten Bishops Square, London E1 6EG and at the registered office of the Company (which is also the place of the AGM) during normal business hours of any Business Day (Saturdays and public holidays excepted) until the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting:
· the current Articles of Incorporation;
· the proposed new Articles of Incorporation of the Company;
· the Annual Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2015;
· the Annual Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 30 June 2016; and
· the circular.
A copy of the circular has been submitted to the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available for inspection at: www.Hemscott.com/nsm.do
A full copy of the circular and annual report and accounts are available on JPEL's website (through the "Investor Information" and "Reports" and "Shareholder Documents" links through http://www.jpelonline.com).
Further copies of the circular may be obtained, free of charge, from the registered office of the
Copies of the circular and proxy form will be mailed to shareholders.
* * *
About JPEL Private Equity Limited
JPEL Private Equity Limited is a Guernsey registered and incorporated, London Stock Exchange-listed, closed-ended investment company (LSE: JPEL) designed primarily to invest in the global private equity market. The investment objective of the Company is to achieve both short and long-term capital appreciation by investing in a well-diversified portfolio of private equity fund interests and by capitalising on the inefficiencies of the secondary private equity market.
FCF JPEL Management LLC
+1 212 497 2908
Samantha Ladd Sughrue
+1 212 497 2983
This information is provided by RNS