Rosneft Holds Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
On June 22, 2017 Rosneft's Annual General Shareholders' Meeting was held in Sochi. Holders of over 92% of the Company's shares took part in the meeting.
The Meeting approved the Annual Report, Annual Financial Statements and Profit Distribution of Rosneft for 2016.
The decision was taken to distribute 63.4 billion rubles (5 rubles 98 kopecks per share) for dividends. The approved dividend amount equals 35% of Rosneft's IFRS net profit. The new dividend policy also provides for payments to shareholders twice a year. The dividends will be paid to the nominal shareholders and trustees no later than July 17, 2017, and to other shareholders registered in the Shareholders Register no later than August 7, 2017.
Shareholders elected the new Board of Directors consisting of 9 persons, including:
· Andrey Belousov, Aide to the President of the Russian Federation;
· Matthias Warnig, Managing Director of the Nord Stream 2 AG, independent director;
· Oleg Viyugin, Professor of the Department of Finance of the Faculty of Economics of the Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "High School of Economics", independent director;
· Robert Dudley, President of BP group of companies;
· Guillermo Quintero, Director GQO Consultants Ltd;
· Igor Sechin, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Management Board of Rosneft;
· Donald Humphreys, Member of Rosneft Board of Directors, independent director;
· Ivan Glasenberg Chief Executive Officer of Glencore International AG и Glencore plc;
· Faisal M. Alsuwaidi, President of Research and Development at Qatar Foundation.
The Meeting resolved to elect the Audit Commission consisting of 5 persons, approved Ernst & Young as the auditor of Rosneft, and defined the amount of remuneration of the Board of Directors members and Audit Commission.
The Meeting approved the changes to the Charter in view of development of the corporate legislation and corporate governance practice.
The Meeting also approved a number of related party transactions.
Following the results of the Board of Directors meeting that took place on June 22, 2017, Andrey Belousov was elected as the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Rosneft Information Division
Tel.: +7 (495) 517-88-97
June 22, 2017
These materials contain statements about future events and expectations that are forward-looking in nature. Any statement in these materials that is not a statement of historical fact is a forward-looking statement that involves known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements to differ. We assume no obligations to update the forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect actual results, changes in assumptions or changes in factors affecting these statements.
This information is provided by RNS