16 March 2022
Safestore Holdings plc
("Safestore" or the "Company")
Safestore Holdings plc announces that, after six years, Claire Balmforth wishes to step down from the Board as a Non-Executive Director during the course of the first half of this year.
Claire has agreed to remain on the Board until a suitable replacement has been found and a further announcement will be made at an appropriate time.
David Hearn, Chairman of Safestore, said:
"Claire has served on the Safestore board for six years and has chaired the Remuneration committee for all that time. As both a director and as Chair of the Remuneration Committee, Claire has served the business outstandingly throughout the last six years and both personally and on behalf of the Board I would like to thank her for her contribution and wish her well for the next phase of her life and career."
"I am delighted to say that Claire has agreed to remain on the Board until a suitable replacement has been found and a further announcement will be made at an appropriate time."
For further information, please contact:
020 7457 2020
Notes to editors:
· Safestore is the UK's largest self-storage group with 162 stores at 31 January 2022, comprising 129 wholly owned stores in the UK (including 72 in London and the South East with the remainder in key metropolitan areas such as Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle and Bristol), 29 wholly owned stores in the Paris region and 4 stores in Barcelona. In addition, the Group operates 10 stores in the Netherlands and 6 stores in Belgium under a joint venture agreement with Carlyle.
· Safestore operates more self-storage sites inside the M25 and in central Paris than any competitor providing more proximity to customers in the wealthiest and more densely populated UK and French markets.
· Safestore was founded in the UK in 1998. It acquired the French business "Une Pièce en Plus" ("UPP") in 2004 which was founded in 1998 by the current Safestore Group CEO Frederic Vecchioli.
· Safestore has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2007. It entered the FTSE 250 index in October 2015.
· The Group provides storage to around 80,000 personal and business customers.
· As at 31 January 2022, Safestore had a maximum lettable area ("MLA") of 7.067 million sq ft (excluding the expansion pipeline stores, and the Carlyle Joint Venture) of which 5.708 million sq ft was occupied.
· Safestore employs around 700 people in the UK, Paris and Barcelona.