MARSTON'S PLC (the "Company")
Directorate Change - Appointment of Rachel Osborne as non-executive director
27 November 2023
Marston's PLC announces that Matthew Roberts, who has served as a non-executive director and Chair of the Audit Committee since 2017, will retire from the Board with effect from 23 January 2024, after conclusion of the Company's AGM. The Board extends its thanks to Matthew for his valuable contribution and hard work during his time with the Company.
Marston's PLC is also pleased to announce the appointment of Rachel Osborne, who will join the Board as an independent non-executive director and Chair of the Audit Committee with effect from 23 January 2024. Rachel will join the Nomination and Remuneration Committees at the same time.
Until last year, Rachel served as Chief Executive Officer of Ted Baker and is currently a non-executive director and Chair of the Audit Committee at Ocado Group plc. In addition, Rachel is a qualified Chartered Accountant and brings a wealth of recent and relevant financial, consumer and retail experience to the Board, having previously served as the Chief Financial Officer of multiple listed companies including Ted Baker, Debenhams plc and Domino's Pizza Group.
William Rucker, Chair, said:
"On behalf of the Board, I am very pleased to welcome Rachel to Marston's. She brings strong financial and audit experience as well as broader commercial and operational expertise which will add considerable value to our Board. I would also like to thank Matthew for his valuable contribution over the past 7 years and wish him all the best for the future."
Marston's PLC via Instinctif
Instinctif Partners Tel: 020 7457 2020
William Rucker, Chair
Notes to Editors:
1. Marston's is a leading pub operator with a 40% holding in Carlsberg Marston's Brewing Company.
2. It operates an estate of 1,415 pubs situated nationally, comprising managed, franchised and leased pubs.
3. Marston's employs around 11,000 people.
4. Rachel Osborne was Chief Executive Officer at Ted Baker (which was acquired by Authentic Brands Group in 2022) until 15 June 2023, and was previously Chief Financial Officer at Ted Baker plc, Debenhams plc and Domino's Pizza Group plc, and held Finance Director roles at Vodafone Group plc and John Lewis Partnership. She was a non-executive director of Dunelm Group plc in 2018 but stepped down, as this would have been a conflict, when she joined Debenhams plc.
5. For the purposes of Listing Rule 9.6.13(1)R, Rachel Osborne was a non-executive director of Dunelm Group plc within the previous five years but no longer holds this position.
6. For the purposes of Listing Rule 9.6.13(3)R, Rachel was a Director at the time the following Debenhams entities went into administration/compulsory liquidation:
· Debenhams plc - went into administration in April 2019 and compulsory liquidation in May 2020, part of the financial restructuring and move from a publicly listed entity into the private sector;
· Department Stores Realisation (Properties) Limited (formerly Debenhams Properties Limited) - compulsory voluntary arrangement May 2019, administration April 2020;
· Department Stores Realisations Limited (formerly Debenhams Retail Limited) - compulsory voluntary arrangement May 2019, administration April 2020; and
· Celine Group Holdings Limited (formerly Debenhams Group Holdings Limited) - administration August 2020.
7. In accordance with the Listing Rules, there are no additional matters that would require disclosure under 9.6.13R of the Listing Rules of the UK Financial Conduct Authority.