NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION (IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) IN, INTO OR FROM ANY JURISDICTION WHERE TO DO SO WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF THE RELEVANT LAWS OF SUCH JURISDICTION
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
5 September 2016
Appointment of directors to ARM Holdings plc
On 18 July 2016, the boards of directors of ARM Holdings plc ("ARM") and SoftBank Group Corp. ("SoftBank") announced that they had reached agreement on the terms of a recommended all cash offer for the entire issued and to be issued share capital of ARM by SoftBank (the "Acquisition") to be effected by means of a scheme of arrangement under Part 26 of the Companies Act 2006 (the "Scheme").
Further to today's announcement from ARM and SoftBank that the Scheme had become effective in accordance with its terms following the Court's sanction of the Scheme at the Court Hearing held on 1 September 2016, ARM wishes to announce that the following directors have been appointed to the ARM Board as of today's date in the following positions:
- Masayoshi Son (Chairman and Executive Director);
- Ronald Fisher (Executive Director); and
- Alok Sama (Executive Director).
In accordance with Listing Rule 9.6.13R, ARM reports that:
1. Masayoshi Son currently acts as Chairman and CEO for SoftBank and Chairman for Sprint Corporation, and holds executive directorships in Yahoo Japan Corporation and Alibaba Group Holding Limited.
2. Ronald Fisher currently holds executive positions in SoftBank and Sprint Corporation, and has held previous executive directorships in E*TRADE Financial Corporation and GSI Commerce Inc.
Save for the current and previous directorships listed above, there is no other information to disclose relating to Masayoshi Son, Ronald Fisher and Alok Sama under Listing Rule 9.6.13R.
Capitalised terms used but not otherwise defined in this announcement have the meanings given to them in the scheme document published on 3 August 2016 in relation to the Scheme.
ARM Holdings plc +44 (0) 12 2340 0400
Chris Kennedy, Chief Financial Officer
Ian Thornton, Head of Investor Relations
This information is provided by RNS